The Educational BoosterPack is an add-on board for the MSP430 Value Line LaunchPad development kit. This BoosterPack will help new users familiar with the MSP430 LaunchPad by interacting with simple electronic components like LEDs (red/green/blue and white), analog potentiometer, microphone, and speaker. Users will also be able to create more exciting projects with the onboard analog accelerometer and 2x16 character LCD.
- Getting started with the MSP430 LaunchPad - "This book explores the world of microcontroller development through friendly lessons and progressively challenging projects, which will have you blinking LEDs, buzzing buzzers & sensing sensors like accelerometers and temperature sensors in no-time!"
- Spectrum Analyzer
- LC + ESR Meter
- Reviews + Software/Libraries
Initial production release of the Educational BoosterPack.
This is a pre-release version of the Educational BoosterPack. Silkscreen and location of white LED are the only differences between A1 and A2.
Followings are some specifications of the Educational BoosterPack:
|Power||3.3V via expansion header|
|Display type||2x16 character LCD|
|Indicators||Tri-color (RGB) LED and white LED|
|Sensor input interface||Analog|
|Audio input type||Electret condenser microphone|
|Audio input interface||Analog|
|Audio output type||Magnetic buzzer|
|Audio output interface||GPIO|
- LCD: New Haven NHD-C0216CZ-FSW-FBW-3V3
- Potentiometer: Bourns 3352T-1-103LF
- RGB LED: Cree CLV6A-FKB-CK1P1G1BB7R3R3
- Microphone: CUI CMC-5042PF-AC
- Buzzer: CUI CEM-1203(42)
- Accelerometer: Analog ADXL335BCPZ-RL7
|Size||2.0" x 2.2"|
The Educational BoosterPack uses 12 signals including:
- A0 (connected to XOUT of accelerometer)
- A3 (connected to YOUT of accelerometer OR output of potentiometer)
- A4 (connected to ZOUT of accelerometer OR output of microphone)
- UCB0CLK (Connected to the character LCD display)
- UCB0SOMI (Connected to the character LCD display)
- P2.1 (Connected to the red channel of the RGB LED)
- P2.2 (Connected to the green channel of the RGB LED)
- P2.3 (Connected to the character LCD display "RS")
- P2.4 (Connected to the blue channel of the RGB LED)
- P2.5 (connected to the white LED)
- P2.6 (connected to the buzzer)
- P2.7 (connected to alligator clip connector "MK1")
Note: by default, the YOUT of accelerometer and output of potentiometer share the same analog input A3. Similarly, the ZOUT of accelerometer and output of microphone share the same analog input A4.
- To use accelerometer signals, place shunt jumpers at J5.1-J5.2 and J6.1-J6.2
- To use potentiometer, place shunt jumper at J5.2-J5.3
- To use microphone, place shunt jumper at J6.2-J6.3
Educational BoosterPack Revision A2
To download all files at once please click here
Educational BoosterPack Revision A1
- This revision uses the same schematic and bill of materials as revision A2. Only silkscreen and location of white LED are different from A1 and A2.